Tuesday 16 November 2004

It's all over.....

As Carrie wrote her last column women all over Australia were awash with floods of tears.

Okay, I'm being a touch overdramatic, but last night as the credits rolled after the final episode of Sex and the City, I was truly on a downer. For me, it was the perfect ending, but I am a die hard romantic. My husband rolled his eyes as I cried when Carrie and Big (we now know his name is John) kissed and he swept her away back to New York.

Now that's how a woman should be kissed!!!

I do feel sorry for my hubby. I love him to death, but he is probably the least romantic person I've ever met. As a typical little princess (well, that's what my parents call me), I want the fairytale, the beautiful fru fru ball gowns, the roses, chocolates, music. Anyway, I suppose he's used to me gushing, but I'm sure the the poor bloke was ready to stick his head in the oven after having to hear me say ``why don't you kiss me like that'' or ``say something romantic''.

Are there romantic men out there like in the movies?? If Shrek can be romantic and sweep his ogre Fiona off her feet, I think there's hope for my Balkan prince yet.

Well, my baby just woke up from her 15 minute nap. I can't believe her naps are getting shorter and shorter. I'm exhausted, the house is a mess and I'm still in my nightgown.

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. And now I have to start thinking about what I'm going to cook for dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does your husband have a Blog? It sounds like we could share some stories about us un-romantics trying our best to do something to please our romantic wives. Usually ending in failure and bewilderment!

Anonymous said...

I will miss those Monday nights where I used sit on the big comfy sofa with a bowl of ice cream and watch the 4 most fabulous women ever with my husband by my side....you read that right....i did get him too hooked on that show....the best show ever. We will miss it ever so much! Now i have to go out and buy it DVD 8-)