Tuesday 23 November 2004

Catchy bloody songs!

I know it's been a week since I blogged last, but I've been so busy doing absolutely F all. (does that make sense??)

One thing that I have discovered is that at 3.30pm every week day, I can actually zone out for half an hour. Why I hear you ask? 1, 2, 3, 4 HI 5! Yes, my daughter loves the annoying buggers, and it seems as if their annoyingly easy to remember songs have rubbed off on me. This week's feature song is ``Snakes and Ladders.'' I was actually singing it while at Coles yesterday! No joke..

``Up, up, up and I'm sliding down, snakes and ladders I'm chasing you around.''

Ohhh, I'm so sad, I know the words off by heart! Nathan the over-actor, over-dancer really tries, he just cracks me up. I love watching just how sweaty his armpits can get! But, the one that really irritates me is that Charlie chic.. I hate the way she sings and smiles, she's too sickly sweet.

Whenever I watch these types of shows, I wonder why they don't have wogs? They have the token Asian and finally on Playschool they have some indigenous Australians, but how about someone with olive skin, a different name other than Wayne or Lisa? Maybe in another 200 years.

Today, I was so excited, my little baby nearly crawled and she said BYE BYE! I left her with mum to go to a Market Research group. $80 to talk about how bad the McDonald's ads are. It was quite fun seeing as one of my biggest pet hates are bad TV commercials. Now I have an extra $80 to buy a new top or shoes.

``How did I ever come this far without baby? That was before, my eyes had seen the light.Never did you ever give me reason to doubt you baby. You are my destiny....''

(20 points for anyone who can name the Prince song those lyrics are from. An extra 10 for the Album)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prince : Saviour, from the Emancipation album!

Honey said...

Anonymous.... u r a legend. Full points to you.
I've just fallen in love with that song - Saviour - all over again! Completely, utterly, head-over-heels in love with it.