Thursday 11 November 2004

He chucked a sickie for me!

My husband never chucks sickies. He has this amazing work ethic, and even when he is sick, goes in to work or works from home. This morning, however, he chucked a sickie for me! There comes a time in every person's life when they are reminded of how much their other half loves them, and today was mine.

My little fidgeting baby was up all night. She's teething, wants a cuddle and loves to snuggle up close to her dad and I. The poor bub was up most of the night. Even when I put her in her cradle, she would turn on 180 degree and stick her legs out of the bars just so she could kick me. This is nothing new. She has been kicking me ever since she was in my womb. So violently in fact, one day I was in court covering a story for the paper and the guy next to me thought I was going to die. He had this look of horror on his face as he could see my abdomen protruding and jerking at weird angles. Baby legs and arms clearly visible through my top. The first time I felt her kick, I was 16 weeks pregnant. Every night after that until she was born, she would kick and punch from 11pm till 3am. Hence, I didn't get much sleep. I used to joke that she'd be a kickboxer like her mum. Now, I don't think it's a joke.
Anyway, I had this headache all day yesterday. It progressively got worse until 10pm when it became a full fledged migraine. I know what it's from. My bloody wisdom tooth. I had three removed 2 months before my wedding. It was worse than childbirth, MUCH worse. As I was too scared to go under a general anesthetic, I had them pulled out by a surgeon in a dentists' chair. 10 needles, the last in the roof of my mouth (it was the most excruciating 10 seconds of my life). All three wisdom teeth were growing at weird angles, all impacted, none had broken through the gum. Each had 4 roots and each tooth had to be broken before being removed. It was agony. Anyway, the dumb dentist thought I had enough room for the top right wisdom tooth to come out as he had taken out the molar next to it. Two and a half fucken years later and it still hasn't come through. Every 6 weeks or so I get this stupid migraine. But I'm too scared to go back and have it removed. Does this mean I have too much wisdom? In arabic, wisdom teeth are called, brain teeth = the teeth that make you smart. I don't know how smart I am, I'm too stupid to get this last one removed.

So, my dear husband, who gets angry at me for getting worried because he never takes a lunch break and often works 15 hours straight, must have seen how pathetic I looked this morning and called work to take the day off so he can take care of munchkin today. He didn't say he was sick though, he told work I was sick. Bless, he's so honest. They are great like that, very understanding.
I love him! He even brought me vegemite toast in bed!

I was looking forward to seeing my old editor Benny today, but I had to cancel. Maybe I'll see him next week.
My migraine has nearly dissipated. I've taken 6 Panadols today (can't take Nurofen when breastfeeding)and just stayed in bed all day. Except for now when I felt like writing. My two babes have gone out to Coles and I'm about to go back to bed. I'm still feeling really nauseas. I have been for a couple of weeks. It may be time to go to the doctor....hmmm.......

For anyone who's interested, there's an anti-war rally in town today, 5pm, Town Hall steps. I wish I could go, but I don't think I'm going to get out of my pyjamas today. Ohh, and if anyone goes past Wynard, pick up a sampler box of Krispy Kremes for me, I have this amazing craving. Don't forget to also get a dozen original glazed. hmmmmm dougnuts!!

Back to bed I go.

No comments: