Thursday 28 October 2004

No longer employed

I did it, I resigned.

I had this whole speech prepared about not having my hard work acknowledged and finding something better, being worth more, but it just didn't come out that way. Call me a chicken, but this way I haven't burnt any bridges, you never know. The most important thing now is that I can concentrate on finding something on MY terms.
There is one person who I have to call and thank. To keep his anonymity we will call him Benny. You can say, that Benny has been my mentor. At 15, he gave me my first opportunity to see my words in print. We've had our screaming matches, and he's made me cry. But he's been there for me to share in my joy; at my wedding, when I found out I was pregnant, when I got my job at the newspaper (which he was instrumental in) etc etc. But, what he has done for me, and what I will always be eternally grateful for, is that he never lost faith in me. In my talent as a writer and the person I truly am.
I'm sad, but excited, nervous but calm. I knew this day would come, but it's just that it is all over with a short telephone conversation. hmmmm.
Anyway, I don't have anything insightful, funny or meaningful to write about, so I'll just leave it there for today.
I hope my husband cheers me up when he gets home from work. It's the wretched full moon at work again. I'm so damned emotional!!!

No comments: