Friday 16 September 2005

Yummy, yummy Abla's

I like sweets. I mean I LOVE sweets. Anything containing sugar - gimme, gimme, gimme.

So, imagine how excited I was when Darp came over today with his beautiful girlfriend with a plate of Arabic-sweets from Abla's. These sugary, nutty, filo pastries hit just the spot - so I proceeded to eat the whole plate without feeling even an ounce of guilt eventhough these delicious tidbits are laden with butter and dripping with calories. My excuse - I'm breastfeeding.

Now, for those who do not know what Abla's is, it is a Lebanese sweet shop in the Western Suburbs of Sydney. It is not unique, but probably the best known. I remember my parents taking me there when I was a child and looking around in awe at the massive trays of every colour, shape and flavour of dessert you can imagine. Think (the original) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory ''Candy Man'' scene crossed with pictures of Lebanon, hooka pipes and little coffee cups. You get the idea.

Thanks Darpie - kiss kiss kiss

No comments: