Wednesday 21 December 2005

Wiggly Wiggles




Imagine this,

Tara, Eden, myself, my sister, her three boys (all under the age of seven) and about 10,000 other screaming kids at the Entertainment Centre - and NO pram.

So, we took the kids to the Wiggles Concert as an early Christmas present on Monday, and I can honestly say, NEVER AGAIN! Not that it wasn't a good show (except for Greg Wiggle, that's the yellow one, having just had a hernia operation and couldn't wiggle much at all) but I was SO damned exhausted by it all it took me three days to get over my migraine. Thank God my sis left her baby at home or we both would've had to grow another set of arms each to hold our kids sticky little hands.

And, to top it all off, you'd think Tara would LOVE the show. She watches the four dancing dudes every morning, but alas, as soon as the lights dimmed, Tara completely FREAKED out, covered her ears, crawled into my sister's lap and.. wait for it....

FELL ASLEEP!!!

Yes, you read it right. My little ball of energy, my fast re-charge battery Tara who has NEVER slept for more than 30mins during the day and a max of four hours at night (I'm baffled as to how she does it. This morning she woke at 5.30am and is STILL not sleeping) fell asleep during the super-noisy performance.

I was completely dumb founded! I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my two eyes. She preferred to sleep than watch the prancing and the dancing and the RIP OFF MERCHANTS! Which leads me to my second biggest gripe of the day. The merchandise was so bloody expensive. Would you believe that a single helium balloon was $10! Yes TEN DOLLARS for a stupid balloon that would either fly away once we left the show or deflate within a day of getting home. What amazed me even more were the stupid parents who bought them for their whiney kids. No joke, almost two-thirds of the kids had a balloon - and a t-shirt, flashing cup, Dorothy dinosaur tails, captain feathersword wands (and the list goes on).

Anyway,
On a COMPLETELY different track, my beautiful Eden angel said her first word! She's been babbling for a couple of days now, but she actually said DA DA (which was also Tara's first word). As usual, the mum is always second best in the eyes of little girls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your sister is an angel, so are her 5 children.