Monday 12 December 2005

The Irony of Ironies

How's this for Ironic?

As I was taking Tara and Eden out for lunch today, I came across two youths of ``Middle Eastern Appearance'' selling raffle tickets to raise money for Surf Life Saving Australia.

I bought $20 worth.

Ha!

P.S Having been bombarded today by images of violence from the riots at Cronulla on the TV, I became more and more angry at the one sided coverage of the news. I did not see ONE SINGLE person of Middle Eastern Appearance interviewed and asked their views at the scene of the violence. One broadcast on channel 7 did however cut to a young Arabic looking guy of about 20 who was watching what was going on in Brighton. The pearls of wisdom coming out of his mouth? ``Ohh MY Gawddd''. Just another blatant way in which the Australian media portray those who are not ``Aussies'' as ineloquent, second class and not worth listening to. Keysar Trad from the Islamic Friendship Association of Australia seems to be the only Lebanese-Australian contact that ALL media outlets have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must be an arab. I hate arabs, you dont look arab, they carnt speel for shit