Wednesday 6 July 2005

What do you do when your baby eats their own poo?

I am by nature a very squeamish person.
Not only am I a sympathetic vomiter - an unfortunate trait I have inherited from my mum - (why couldn't I have inherited her stunning looks?) public toilets, a range of smells, hairy backs, raw eggs and many other things turn my tum. Imagine my horror as I saw my beautiful Tara eat her own poo! Let me paint a picture. Do not read on if you too are squeamish.
I had been up all night with the mother of all migraines. My husband had tried unsuccessfully to settle Eden who was having trouble doing a poo. At 5.30am, Eden decided to do her poo. It seeped through her nappy, singlet, body suit, pyjamas and blanket. Now, as I explained earlier, I had a really bad migraine, the pain of which made me vomit my guts up. Facing this sticky, green goo, I proceeded to hurl again - but I had no choice but to change the baby who by now was screeching at the top of her lungs. ( She hates being undressed). This ear piercing scream inturn woke up Tara who needs no excuse to join us all in bed. With four in the bed, my husband in a foul mood and my migraine, it wasn't the best of nights. Anyway, to get back to the subject of this blog. A few hours later, and feeling like I had been 15 rounds with Kostya, with half closed eyes, I had to change Tara's nappy. As I reached down to grab the wipes, she stuck her fingers in the khaki mess and before I could stop her, stuck her finger in her mouth. There was a big blob of poo stuck to her front teeth. At this point I started dry retching. I was torn between washing her mouth out or running to the toilet to puke. Now, you would think that if you ate your own excrement, you would automatically chuck up, but the little bugger thought it was the funniest thing in her life. I wish someone would explain to me how it takes me hours sometimes to force delicious food in her gob, but she happily eats her own shit!

This was by far the most disgusting thing I have so far experienced as a mother.
The joys of motherhood.

My head pounds, baby just woke, gotta run.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

its happened to me too, dont worry

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren, nike free run, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet online, sac longchamp pas cher, michael kors pas cher, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, uggs on sale, prada outlet, replica watches, tiffany jewelry, nike free, polo outlet, longchamp pas cher, prada handbags, louboutin pas cher, chanel handbags, nike air max, air max, ugg boots, nike air max, nike roshe, burberry pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, gucci handbags, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin uk, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike outlet, kate spade outlet, jordan shoes, jordan pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses wholesale, replica watches

oakleyses said...

converse pas cher, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet online, hollister pas cher, timberland pas cher, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, hogan outlet, kate spade, nike tn, true religion outlet, nike air max uk, michael kors, true religion jeans, uggs outlet, nike air max, nike free uk, north face, ray ban uk, north face uk, true religion outlet, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, michael kors, uggs outlet, abercrombie and fitch uk, lululemon canada, vans pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, nike air max uk, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet, oakley pas cher, nike roshe run uk, polo lacoste, nike air force, ralph lauren uk, coach purses, coach outlet, guess pas cher, new balance, hollister uk, coach outlet store online, sac hermes, burberry handbags, replica handbags