Wednesday 8 June 2005

Two beautiful girls!!

A beautiful, perfect healthy little girl graced our little trio and transformed it into an awesome foursome. Little Eden decided to enter the world last Thursday morning at 6.36am making me so unbelievably overjoyed and feeling so amazingly blessed.
But, I tell you, it was lucky I decided to go to the hospital at all, or else she could have been born in my little hatchback. Don't hate me all those women out there that labour for hours, days and go through excruciating pain. Eden was born very quickly and, without sounding like a Christian zealot, it was through the grace of God and the Virgin Mary that it happened so quickly, so perfectly - I'm very lucky.
Now, don't get me wrong, it was no walk in the park, but the pain was bearable - just. But, I'd gladly go through it all again for Eden, Tara and any other children in the future.
Its weird. I never thought I could ever love anyone as much as Tara. I was actually in tears at the hospital when my hubby took Tara home as I felt as if I was abandoning her. Up until that night, I had never spent a night apart from my baby girl. She couldn't really care less - she just wanted to get home, twirl around in circles (her new thing) and yell out ``daddy, daddy, daddy'' over and over and over and over again. Its hilarious actually, she gets really dizzy and topples over. So cute.
As for Eden, she so pretty, beautiful in fact. With a full head of dark hair - even more than Tara when she was born, she looks like a little doll. Her cheeks are punctured with two deep dimples, her eyes are long and almond-shaped and her perfect pout is purely kissable. I should really post a pic. I'm completely enraptured, besotted, in love with her. Its amazing the depth of a mother's love.
Now that I've been home for a couple of days and have unpacked, done laundry and had no sleep, I've had an epiphany. Next time I visit a friend or family member in the hospital whose had a baby, I'm not going to buy anything for the baby, I'm going to buy something for the mum. You always get flowers, chocolates and incy-wincy baby clothes, but what a new mum would really love is a basket of little luxuries. For instance: really nice perfume, bubble bath, lipstick, a face mask to get rid of the ``I-look-like-death-warmed-up'', stuff like that. Not that I'm not appreciative to all my family and friends who bought us gifts, but I have baby blankets and bibs coming out of my ears!!!
Anyway, I'd better run. Both little bubs are having a nap, which won't last long, so I'd better peel off these Elmo P'J's, brush my teeth and write up a shopping list for my hubby.

No comments: