Wednesday 15 June 2005

How tempting is Temptation?

I've always been a fan of Sale Of The Century. My dad would sit the three of us girls down at 7pm (or was it 7.30pm?) to watch some educational TV. As mum was out working the nightshift - and didn't really like us watching TV when we should have been doing our homework - dad rationalised this half hour of TV because ``we could learn something.'' I don't know how he rationalised us watching Prisoner though. We were only 11, 9 and 7 years old. I still get tears in my eyes when I think of that sad, sad theme song, ''He used to bring me roses, I wish he would again...... I can still remember how Prisoner would end at 9.30pm - our bed time- and we would bolt to bed before mum came through the door at 9.35pm. I suppose it gave dad a bit of respite from three hypo girls, who bickered all the time, until mum came home and he could pass the parental responsibilities on to her. Poor mum.

Anyway, that aside, there was one rule while watching Sale. We weren't allowed to talk through the whole show. We had to sit in front of the TV and digest the precious jewels of knowledge from the ever effervescent Tony Barber (every wog loved him) and admire the puffed-up shoulder padded Delvine Delaney hoping to one day emulate her perfectly teased up hair. Imagine my excitement at the return of this cult show. At 7pm for the last 2 weeks, I've turned into my dad and demanded absolute silence from my husband, toddler and baby during the 30 minutes of Temptation - the new Sale of the Century. I actually revel in showing off to my husband my prowess at answering questions correctly. He just humours me. I know the questions aren't that hard and it's all about timing, but I reckon if I went on, I'd give it a fair shot. The host, Ed would shit me badly though. He has this cheesy Cheshire cat full toothed, thin lipped smile. It's actually quite revolting. Make sure to check it out. I'm afraid if I ever went on, his smile/grimace would put me off and I would leave the show with minus 50 points.

But it's not just Sale that gets my motor running. I get the same way during Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. I scream at the TV and remind my husband repeatedly just how smart I am ( when I get the questions right).

While I'm on the subject of game shows, I have a confession to make. I have actually been on one. It's quite embarrassing cause I bombed - but not because I didn't know the answers, but because I couldn't see the stupid monitor. For vanities sake, I didn't wear my glasses and therefore looked like a stunned mullet in my hot pink fluffy jumper. By the way, it was BURGO's Catchphrase. If you have any doubts that this fake haired, fake tanned plasticine faced man is a complete and utter tool, I can rest your doubts aside. His fake laugh and horrible head still give me nightmare. Shudder. But, it wasn't a complete waste of time, I walked away with $420 bucks and a holiday in Byron Bay.

The other show I'm really into at the moment is Ready, Steady Cook. Tara can't wait for it every day and has learned to say Ready, Steady Cook, it's really cute. There is one thing that shits me about it, and that again is the host. He does this pansy-assed jog when he comes out and while talking to the two chefs throughout the show. I would still love to be a contestant though, especially if they team me up with chef Carol Selva Rajah who is my former high school science teacher!
Is there a pattern here? I have a problem with all game show hosts???

I'm feeling queasy now - just eaten a small box of Guylian sea shell chocolates. I love these as much as Ferrero Rochers. Who doesn't?

Does anyone think I should apply to be a contestant on Sale? What do you all think?
See ya

No comments: