Wednesday 10 November 2004

Silvio Rivier


Silvio's smiling face Posted by Hello

Apologies to readers who are sick of reading about politics. I'm especially sorry to Marija, I promise to write about something a little more light hearted :)

While I'm an avid Simpsons fan (isn't everyone), I've seen every episode at least a dozen times, so at 6pm every evening, while I'm preparing the evening meal, I turn to SBS and watch the smiling face of Mr Silvio Rivier present Global Village. I thoroughly enjoy watching this show as you get a brief snapshot of different cultures. A few weeks ago there was an episode shot in a very remote part of Peru. It was really hard to watch as the young girls, who as a rite of passage, had all their hair plucked out of their heads by the narly old fingers of the elders. shudder!
Anyhow, the real reason I watch it is to hear Mr Rivier pronounce foreign words. It's so funny! He tries really hard, and probably pronounces them correctly, but it's just hilarious. And, the funniest part is right at the end when he says, ``This is ssssylviooo rivierrrrrrrr''. Honestly, I cack myself.

While I'm on TV, I have to tell you all of my obsession with Deal or No Deal. I'm actually really pissed off that it's shot in Melbourne. I'll probably never have the chance to get on this fab show. I'm forever shouting at the pussies who deal on $2000 or whatever. If I was there, I'd go the whole way. I love the host Andrew as well, but not as much as the hottie Geoff Jansz. I really want to get on Wheel Of Fortune. It musn't be too hard to get on, have you seen some of the nobs that get on???

Why can't I win $50,000? That's all I really want. I'm not being too selfish! I buy scratchies, $2 jackpot (my husband has banned me from the pokies) and I never win. Maybe one day...

The sun, the moon and stars, don't seem as far as they did yesterday!