Wednesday 16 November 2005

Spitting Soccer players

Why is it that every time the SBS camera man did a close up of one of the players tonight (Socceroos vs Uruguay) the guy was spitting out a big, fat goli?

It's so freaking gross the way these guys conjure up these spitballs through their nasal passages, deep down from the back of their throat to the tips of their tongues and then launch the saliva-ry mess -with great accuracy may I ad - on to the carpetty grass.

I'm not a fan of soccer (sorry, Football), I think I've watched about 5 games in my life. I wouldn't know the difference between a penalty and a corner. But I thought it would be a great bonding moment with my husband (not a massive fan either but used to play state league) - and it was. I have a new appreciation for the guys - well maybe not appreciation for their skills but definitely for their looks. Not pretty boy Kewell or gigantic Balkan Zelko Callac but for dreamy-greeny eyed John Aloisi. I reckon he's HOT and has a really cute ass.

My husband thinks I'm mental.

I'm really happy for the Socceroos. It was great they won, especially since Viduka missed that goal at the end. It was so funny to read his lips after he missed it (for all those who speak Cro) it was easy to see what he yelled ( Picka te Materna - Mother C***). I'm no prude, but Cro's really can swear - and with such vim.

Anyway, watching the match got my hubby talking about how when he used to play in a team of other north shore Croats (he was a leftback) he'd punch the guys in the kidneys. Charming. My husband is not excatly a small guy, but he is very sweet, so the mental image of him digging his fists into some little guys kidneys made me laugh. After all, he is a Cro. I suppose it was karma his soccer career ended after he snapped his leg while playing the World Game. Which, in a way is good as I really can't imagine myself falling in love with a spitting soccer player, I prefer my wrestling honey.

No comments: