Monday 18 June 2007

The death of the Good Samaritan

How is it fair that a God Samaritan is shot dead in busy Melbourne CBD?
It isn't fair, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason.

For all those haven't heard, two strangers ran to the help of a young woman who was being pulled by her hair out of a cab when the assailant opened fire and shot the two men who came to the woman's help and herself as well. One of the men died at the scene, while the woman and the other man are in a critical condition. What a tragedy.
As I recalled the incident to my husband over the phone, he was just as shocked as I was, but also said,

"See, that's exactly why people do not come to the aid of other people."

I see his point, but I would still like to think that I would rush to help someone in trouble as long as it would not endanger my children - and I know my husband would not think twice before helping someone in need.

My prayers are with the families of those involved.

While the situations I have been in are no where as dire as a shooting, I have been in a situation where I needed someones help and everyone around me turned a blind eye. I was about 36 weeks pregnant and had driven myself to hospital one avo thinking I may be in labour. As I pulled into the Emergency Department carpark, I couldn't find a spot to park, except for a very tight spot which I could barely squeeze my commodore into. I didn't want to block the entrance as then I would stop the Ambulances coming in. Anyway , there was a burly middle aged man yakking on his mobile phone, his hire-car driver's side door open blocking me from swinging my car into the mini spot. So, I get out, clutching my swollen belly and ask him if he could move his car please as I think I'm in labour and can't get my car in the spot. Now, you would assume that he'd say, no problem, however the reality was this:

"You stupid, fucking woman, if you can't drive or park your car, you are a fucken idiot, now fuck off.''

He then returned, annoyed, yakking on his phone.

For the first time in my life, I was speechless. Tears of anger stung my eyes, but I didn't want to give him the pleasure of seeing me cry.I got back in my car and for a split second seriously contemplated putting my foot on the accelerator and ramming his car into oblivion, but I was pregnant and my baby's life was not worth this piece of shit chauffeur. There were plenty of people who heard what went on, and they just stood there gawking. After a few minutes, one man said he'd park my car for me, but by this stage, there was a free spot and I parked it in, my hands shaking. As I waddled to the Emergency doors, I walked past this poor excuse for a human and said to him that I thought he was the rudest man I had ever met. His response,

"Fuck off."

If my husband or dad or brother were there, they would have rammed his head through the windscreen and then he really would have needed medical help. I would have smashed his head in, but again being pregnant not worth the risk to my baby, you just never know how someone will react.

It's just so disappointing that so many people in this world are just horrible and mean.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

stuff like that really infuriates me ... the life people like that create for themselves is punishment in return.

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren, nike free run, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet online, sac longchamp pas cher, michael kors pas cher, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, uggs on sale, prada outlet, replica watches, tiffany jewelry, nike free, polo outlet, longchamp pas cher, prada handbags, louboutin pas cher, chanel handbags, nike air max, air max, ugg boots, nike air max, nike roshe, burberry pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, gucci handbags, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin uk, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike outlet, kate spade outlet, jordan shoes, jordan pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses wholesale, replica watches

oakleyses said...

converse pas cher, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet online, hollister pas cher, timberland pas cher, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, hogan outlet, kate spade, nike tn, true religion outlet, nike air max uk, michael kors, true religion jeans, uggs outlet, nike air max, nike free uk, north face, ray ban uk, north face uk, true religion outlet, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, michael kors, uggs outlet, abercrombie and fitch uk, lululemon canada, vans pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, nike air max uk, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet, oakley pas cher, nike roshe run uk, polo lacoste, nike air force, ralph lauren uk, coach purses, coach outlet, guess pas cher, new balance, hollister uk, coach outlet store online, sac hermes, burberry handbags, replica handbags

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, coach outlet, montre pas cher, moncler, ray ban, canada goose uk, karen millen uk, ugg uk, pandora uk, moncler, converse outlet, juicy couture outlet, gucci, moncler, moncler, canada goose, swarovski, replica watches, ugg pas cher, lancel, wedding dresses, canada goose jackets, hollister, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, hollister, supra shoes, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, vans, canada goose outlet, barbour uk, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, links of london, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, nike air max, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, canada goose, converse, barbour, pandora charms, swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, marc jacobs, canada goose outlet, canada goose, moncler uk