Monday 27 November 2006

We've finally moved

Moving house is traumatic.

People warned me - they said it would be hard, exhausting and downright emotional. While, I imagined it to be all these things, I was still in for a big surprise.

Packing is exhausting (especially more so when you are six months pregnant!), but the hardest thing was leaving behind all the memories. I know I whinged a lot about the lack of space etc etc etc, but it was my first place out of home, the first place my hubby and I lived after we married and of course it was where the girls were both conceived and spent their earliest days.

But, having said all that, I am glad we moved and we have all settled in really well. Jeff has to travel a bit further for work, but we are all much more relaxed. And my darling sister and her family are literally around the corner. The girls love seeing their cousins nearly every day and my sis has already come to my rescue a dozen times these last two weeks.

I just hope our tennant is taking care of my purple place!

No comments: