Wednesday 8 December 2004

Nurofen vs Panadol

I have discovered that my baby is not like other babies.

For one, most mums who are going mental with their little one's antics, pump their babies with Panadol to calm them down, give them a bit of pain relief and get some rest. My bub gets hypo. Not just a little, but last night she stayed up till 2.45am wanting to PLAY! I'm sure everyone in my apartment block heard me yelling at her. I feel really guilt about it now, but FUCK, I was SO tired, sorry EXHAUSTED. Anyway, today I decided to get out of the house and took her to Chatswood to get some shopping done. She must be allergic to Target as she screamed, yelled and chucked the biggest tanty. As I stood at the checkout to pay for the nappies, this kindred soul turned to me and said, ``Have you tried Nurofen for babies?''
Within five minutes, now red faced baby on hip, pushing pram and carrying three shopping bags, I waddled to the chemist and bought what I thought, would be the saviour of my sanity. It was 3pm by now, and she had been awake for six hours. Too stubborn to close her big brown eyes, she was so tired. Anyway, I bought the Nurofen, gave it to her and, lo and behold, within five minutes she was sleeping!

This however, was not to last.

12-and-a-half minutes later, and she was up and at `em, full of beans and charming the pants off each shopper in Westfield.

I'm exhausted. Going to sleep

No comments: